Family Migration

Program Requirement

You need a ‘family of a settled person’ visa if you want to stay (‘remain’) with a family member or partner (eg.  spouse) who’s living in the UK permanently and you’re:

Already in the UK 
From outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland




Processing Time

A decision will be made on your application within 8 weeks. You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer.

How long you can stay?

You can stay for 2 and a half years. You’ll be able to apply to extend again towards the end of that You can also apply to settle permanently in the UK once you’re eligible for the UK partner Visa.